IMPORTANT: Please read the TEMPORARY DOWNLOADING PROCEDURE below
The ground and ground fighting have become one of the central components of any effective self defense system or complete martial art in the 21st century. With the advent of mixed martial arts, the glaring need for fluency with the ground is common knowledge, yet in most cases, sportive interpretations are just assumed to translate directly to the street. While there certainly is a high transferability of skill, many of the strategies and techniques are entirely inappropriate for contexts with multiple attackers or where weapons are present.
Secondly, most ground approaches today simply employ rote memorization and sequential memorization to transfer technique. Again, while there can be no substitute for repetition and drilling of specific technique and the inclusion of progressive stress for deliberate practice, there are a host of other factors that merit prioritization, including breath management, structure, biomechanics and transferrable principles.
In this download:
Day 1--Unlocking Flow
Day 2--Locking Without Being Locked
TEMPORARY DOWNLOADING PROCEDURE
Pivotshare is currently modifying their platform and is experiencing temporary glitches.
If the Download button doesn't function properly, please use the workaround below:
- Click on the Download button
- Choose the size of the video you wish to download
- It will open a window where the video will start streaming
- Right-click on the video
- Select Save As and enter the name and location you want the video to be saved to
- It will download at the size you wish
- You can repeat these steps for the different sizes if you wish
- Please be sure to not allow your screen or computer to go to sleep or it will cancel the download
- If it does, stay on the streaming page and right-click again to Save As